The Spring Valley Community Historical Society was formed in January 1956, following the Centennial celebration in 1955.
The society also maintains an Ag Building which houses old-time farm machinery and most recently added a Pietenpol design Air Camper airplane, donated by Clifford Kumm. History Hall exhibits a country school room, military exhibit, Dr. Zittleman’s office and the Washerwoman’s Domain.
The Washburn Workshop is located behind the church museum and displays pioneer-era wood working tools.
Located on the west lawn of the church museum one will find the Fillmore County Veterans Memorial.
The museums are located at 220 W. Courtland and are open from Memorial Day through Labor Day on a daily basis and open week-ends through Sept. and Oct. Groups are welcome. There is a charge to see the museums. Museum hours are from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, with guided tours available.
For more information, please call (507) 346-7659.